Skip to main content

Happiness

Another abstract topic. No I am not trying to be a philosopher. But, this topic is something that everybody relates to. Isn't it so ? And I couldn't think of a better topic to start the new year with. So, here we go...

HAPPINESS...
Something, that everyone wants.
Some pursue it to the end of their life. Some have it right from the beginning of it.
Some people claim to have this transcendent entity.

Well, one thing common with every abstract emotion is its subjective nature. They mean different to different people. 

Maybe you are happy with a penny in your pocket...& someone's crying with a car equipped with an engine of rocket...

People go different places looking for happiness.
Some go to different parts of the world exploring new sights, while some sit in the cozyness of their bed and let their imagination travel the world with a book in hand.
Some try to find happiness behind the walls of a historical monuments sitting with their loved ones...figuring out their future endeavours. 

A practical mix of History and Future ! While being in the present ! 

The sources of happiness vary. A newborn will be happy untill he's fed with milk. 
Same wont apply to u ! 

But where does your source of happiness lie? 
Do you know that ? 
Ask yourself, if you were ever happy ? 
I think almost everyone of you will say YES.
So, you know what happiness is, you have experienced it. 

So what was it that made you happy ?
Multiple things; your obvious reply. 

So, we have been happy, we know the sources of happiness, but then where is the problem ? 

Why are we depressed or  why are we so stressed out today ? BIG QUESTION MARK. 

Well, since we know happiness does exist in our life at many times. The only problem is in sustaining it. Its not sustainable. Or maybe we are not able enough to make it sustainable. 

Well, this will happen. Because we derive our happiness from outer world. 

If I get that job, I'll be happy. If I get that car, I'll be happy. If she agrees to marry me, I'll be happy. 
If, If, If If and Ifs... So many Ifs directed towards things which do not happen to be YOU

If you associate happiness with yourself, maybe you could move a little closer towards ecstasy. Just acknoweldging and appreciating the fact that you are a being and numerous possibilities exist from where you stand is good enough to make you happy and open the doors of eternal bliss. 

Don't associate your happiness with meagre goals.  Whatever goal you'll set today for yourself, no matter how big it seems to you, is a meagre one compared to the infinite vastness of reality. 

Keep seeking life as it is. Life will be blissful. 
I personally will never hope that I die with my goals accomplished.
Let me share one personal experience. I started this blog thinking few family & friends will read it.I was happy with that. But eventually readership grew across the globe. I got readers from US & Europe, even Saudi Arabia and Kuwait and where not. So now I changed my motto, my only aim that remains today is to write and express.My expression does not depend upon my readership. I am not aspiring for anything related to audience. I am doing what I have to do as ME.  In a way that I as a part of life will contribute my bit into the goals way beyond my ability to accomplish and pass on that legacy to the generations to come. 
I'll die happily,because I have nothing to complete...I just have to do my bit...with full devotion. 

Be a devotee of this process. Keep a smile on your face and see. Maybe you'll start living happier.

With this, I wish all my readers across the globe  A HAPPY NEW YEAR 2019. 

Be Blissful 

©MANJUL JAGOTRA

Follow us on Twitter to never miss an update.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lessons From Corona, with Love❤

That girl on the Scooty

The Invincible

SORRY ; A Suicide Note

The FAITHful Affair