Skip to main content

The Invincible

It’s not hard to smile if we try. It’s not hard to find inspiration if we look for it. It’s not expensive to gift someone happiness if we really care.
Still sometimes we choose to be sad, depressed and mean because of petty issues and things that won’t even matter in the course of time and that are not even considerably awful at all. Yet we sit down with our long list of complaints and keep waiting for some saviour to come and rescue us.
If only we look around us, we shall find that we are surrounded by a plethora of inspiration. There are numerous people who might have more complaints with life than we have but still they are fighting. There is no reason in actuality to sit and lament for something we don’t have. Life doesn’t wait for anyone; life doesn’t work that way.
I’ll give you an example; look at the grass around you, the grass which numerous people and animals crush beneath their feet everyday. It still grows everyday and shines in the morning carrying dew drops. As if it is its answer to life, that no matter how much discomforting role it is put in, it will not stop doing what it’s best at.
In this blog I want to share with you a conversation that I had with someone whom I see  as an emblem of inspiration. I draw a lot of inspiration from her at the first place and I’m sure you’ll feel the same way after reading this article. She is my junior at university. She has a smile that can chill out anyone’s mood.
Her name is Simran. Doctors have diagnosed her case as a special kind of cerebral palsy whereby only her lower limbs are affected. When she was one month old, she had to go through a surgical operation to remove a ball like lump on her back that could have affected her brain otherwise. She lost sense in her lower limbs thereafter. Diagnosis revealed it wasn’t the case of Polio. After 14 years of treatment and 7 excruciating surgical operations, doctors concluded that her nerves might have been cut during her very first operation which led to this case.
But, as I discussed earlier, no matter how discomforting situation life puts you in, there is always a role for you. And she does that beautifully. The way she carries herself with vivacity will make you question your excuses and complaints with life.
Here is a little conversation that I had with her for this article. She was very expressive and bold in her replies. Here it is:



  ·         Have you done anything like this before?
        ¨ No.

·         And how do u feel about it?
¨       It’s something new to me and quite interesting.

·         All right. How is the lockdown period going?
¨       It’s boring now. It was fun in university.

·         Almost everybody is feeling the same way. Have u tried something new, like a new book or anything?
¨       Na 😂 I have tried to sleep for 14 hours 🤣.

·         Haha, that is fun. I like the way you are always smiling. What's the secret behind this ever-green smile?
¨       It’s the reflection of love that everyone gives me.

·         Oh wow! Amazing. How do you spend your free time?
¨       I write poetry sometimes. And yeah for sure I make tiktok videos. Actually, I keep myself busy otherwise I am such an overthinker.

·         I would definitely like to read those poetry pieces. What makes you overthink? What is it about generally?
¨       About future and sometimes past too.

·         So, what are your dreams and aspirations regarding future?
¨       I always wanted to be a civil servant.

·      Superb! Anything special you want to work for ?
¨       Women empowerment and women safety. This has been a major concern in our country in past few years.

·         Ya that is true. What makes you happy ?
¨       Travelling makes me happy. And when I am sad, poetry makes me feel happy and alive.

·         Is there anything that makes you sad ?
¨       There are so many such things. Like obviously sometimes, I think why God, why me, but then at the same time I feel proud. But still I get discouraged by a lot of people.

·         Oh ! Who are those people ?
¨       Some of my relatives. Like when I wanted to do graduation, everyone said that its enough for her now. What is the purpose of getting her educated ? Then when I completed my graduation, they said she wont be able to manage at Masters level. How will she manage in university? There is no need of any more degrees. But my Mom supported me always.

·         Do you want to say anything to all those people?
¨       I just want to show them that I am no different and just another part among everybody else.

·         You are indeed a part of us, a beautiful part.
¨       Actually, those who were my own always put me down, but other people always supported me. Like I am blessed to have such a caring and loveable department.

·         Just never give up on your dreams. Let them say anything they want. Nobody is our own by birth, one who is with us in all odds is our own, rest are just aliens.What are your greatest influences or role models?
¨       It’s my Mom, because she has sacrificed a lot for us.

·         Us? As in?
¨       We are three sisters. And we never had any support from our father’s side. He doesn’t live with us. She has done it all alone and that’s the greatest influence on me.

·         Like Mom like daughter, Strong and courageous. Anything you’d like to tell her?
¨       I just want to thank her. Whatever I am today, it’s only because of her. And both of my sisters are my support.

·         Simran, what motivates you?
¨       I am motivated by those people who encourage me, my teachers from school to University, my friends and family. Whenever I feel helpless, or I feel like I can’t do something, they are always there. That is my motivation.

·         Would you like to name any?
¨       I have a lot of friends but Drishti, Niraj, Nazia, Lobzang. They have always shown me the right path. Even when I was not stable, they helped me.

·         Someone you admire and why?
¨       Pallavi ma’am. I just love her personality. I admire her determination and the way she teaches is so interesting and fruitful.

·         Do you have any complaints with anyone?
¨       No, I don’t. Life is too short to have complaints. Just be happy in yourself. I believe whatever happens, happens for a reason, so why complain?

·         Oh, I feel the same way. So, who’s your favourite superhero and why?
¨       I have, but he is not in this world anymore. He passed away when I was in 10th standard. My Mamu (maternal uncle), because besides my mother, he is the only person who has loved me and taken care of all of my demands.

·         I am getting numb with every answer of yours. You are just so courageous. This is going to inspire a lot of people.
¨       I would love if someone gets inspired from me. And thank you for your support.

·         How do you see the world around you ?
¨       World is a mixture of both good and bad, I guess. Some are mean but some are quite helpful.

·         Three words to describe yourself?
¨       Bravery, Cheerful and Emotional.

·         Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
¨       As a strong and independent woman.

·         Any particular thing you want to do in this quarantine period?
¨       I want to start sketching.

·         What message do you have for anyone reading this?
¨       No matter what situation comes in your life or whatever you are going through, just face it with a smile and everything will be okay.

·        That is Sweet. So, we’ll wind up, just some follow up. Anything you’d like to share or say that I missed?
¨       Just want to say that be the way you are. There is no need to change yourself for anyone and always do whatever you want. Never listen to anyone, listen to your heart. Everyone is brave enough to handle their difficulties.

·         I vibe with you in this. Okay last one, let me be mean ha-ha, one word or line for me?
¨       You are such a sweet n kind hearted person and I liked to have this conversation with you. Thanks for supporting me and blogging on me. I am lucky to have seniors like you.

·        It’s my pleasure and honour that I got to do this. Thank you so much for your time Simran.
¨       Ohhh! thanks to you for keeping me busy.

·         I feel so blessed that I have a junior like u...and thank u for making me believe that one can smile in any situation. Wish you all the best for your future endeavours.
¨       Thank you so much.

                                                                                        Art copyright © Shruti Arora

I don’t have much to say after this. I am just leaving you with these lines from one of my favourite poems by Rudyard Kipling,


“If you can dream—and not make dreams your master;   
    If you can think—and not make thoughts your aim;   
If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
    And treat those two impostors just the same;   
If you can bear to hear the truth you’ve spoken
    Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
    And stoop and build ’em up with worn-out tools…
…If you can fill the unforgiving minute
    With sixty seconds’ worth of distance run,   
Yours is the Earth and everything that’s in it…”   
                                                                                
©MANJUL JAGOTRA


Follow us on Twitter to never miss an update.

Comments

  1. You're a brave girl Simmy
    ᕦ(ಠ_ಠ)ᕤ
    :- your Bhalu ᕦʕ •ᴥ•ʔᕤ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This is so inspiring.
    One thing I really got out of it that made a difference is that life is hard but we can make it smooth with a big smile like Simran😊
    I would like to thank you Sir, for the efforts you have made in writing this article. I am hoping the same best work from you in the future as well...keep up the good work, it's very helpful.
    PS: the art@ shrutiarora is so alive and eye catching.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am myself inspired by her. All credit goes to her. I am just a medium.

      Delete
  3. A beautiful reflection. . indeed she's an inspiration 💛

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this is an inspiring and touching story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes indeed. We are surrounded by inspiration. Just need to open our eyes

      Delete
  5. Very nice story. It's very inspiring

    ReplyDelete
  6. Quiet inspiring and eye opener for a lot of people who thought of giving up in tough situations. Well written blog mi friend its very satisfying to read blog of my childhood friend. Looking forward to read a book written by u and declared as best seller...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha ... A bestseller . Yes you know I am working on my book as well but because of lot of other works its getting delayed but I hope it will be in your hands soon. Thank u for your consistent support. 🧡Your love matters.

      Delete
  7. Power to you ☀️ Thanks for this article!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Lessons From Corona, with Love❤

That girl on the Scooty

SORRY ; A Suicide Note

The FAITHful Affair