Skip to main content

That girl on the Scooty


DISCLAIMER: Just third post on this blog & I decided to write something from women's perspective. I hope I won't disappoint you. If I do, please forgive me. Here we go...

                "That Girl On the Scooty"

"That's my scooty's key, not your earpin" I yelled at my younger brother who always annoys me whenever I'm in hurry.

Anyhow, I was able to get my keys back, "Mummaa look he pulled my pony again"... He always irritates me...

Okay, I rode my Honda Activa & rushed out of my house. I had just crossed the first street & there they were, just like every other day, the busy shop owners, busy with there customers & when free,  busy with staring at passing by girls. Actually, they stare even when they have customers, the  only difference a customer's presence makes is that they can not discuss the scores that my figures get on their scale of ten. Otherwise, I can hear them scaling me 5 when I wear Indian & 9 with a western. Oh wait, this is not over here, I also get complemented with a whistle if I wear a short dress some day or if my bra strap is showing out of my off-shoulder top.

How better it would have been if they kept there so called compliments with them only. Or they can throw them at their own daughters or sisters if they want to.
For God's sake, someone please tell 'em how much I hate it when they point fingers at me like "see that girl on scooty."
Anyways, I have learned to live up with this. So, no big deal for me now.
But if I've learned to do so, it doesn't implies that it doesn't pinch me.
Okay, lets leave them here only & let me move little further.

 When I reach any junction of two roads, there won't be any day when some fool doesn't jump in front of someone's vehicle. Now, you might think why am I talking about all this. Well, its because I pray to God to never throw any of such fool in front of me. 'Coz no matter what; if I committed an accident, I'll be the one at fault for all the people. And you know why am I saying this ? Because you know that line very well; what do they say ? "Women are worst drivers." Yes, I guess soon they will teach it as an example of universal truth to 5th grade students. You joke us women being ignorant to technology, why can't you use technology to search on google about who commits more accidents, men or women. Well why would you do that, right? You just saw internet world cracking jokes on bad women drivers & you took those jokes as reality and so much real that it became a public opinion that we women are bad drivers. No one will ask for my driving license, I am a women , so I am a bad driver. That's it.

But again, even if all these things are happening around me, they can not stop me from enjoying my ride. How much I love those trees along roadside that move backward while I drift forward.
I love it when little kids going to school wave their hands at me from the window of their school bus. I wave back at them & shower some flying kisses too. That is the moment nostalgia conquers my mind & I remember those days when I used to be in school bus just like them. But then when some Mercedes passes by, my mind takes a sharp U-turn from nostalgia to Ambition.

While all this, a look at my wristwatch & oh my God...its just 10 minutes left for the class to start. Twisting the accelerator, increasing the speed of those trees moving backward ,I feel no less than those Moto-GP bikers or like those pilots flying a jet plane. Don't think too much, mind gives me a reminder...oops.

But, again I wish I could control these morons too. They call themselves bikers, the goons. The roadside romeos. What fun is it to them to follow every other girl ? They'll follow me all the way to college shouting lyrics of some b-grade song from a c-grade movie. Anyhow I may reach college but the thought that I have to experience all this while my way back to home also doesn't let me relax.
But then What can I do ? Ignore ? Well that's what I've been doing since the time I remember. But its not the solution of problem. Whom should I tell this all to ? Oh hahahaha....what you said ? Police ?I'm in no mood of joking around. Police is the last option in India man. Families consider it against their prestige to bring police to home. And even if police comes, how much strict action it takes, is again doubtful. But why do all this even happens?
 Can,t the people out there mind there own work ? I can again pray to God only to give these idiots some wisdom. And I can't even tell this out loud to the world, 'coz I'm a girl, an Indian girl, I am supposed to stay quiet.
I wish someday some one will speak & tell the world about me.
 Some one may write about me or about those like me.
 But why would anyone ever do that ?

 Well he may find out his own reasons, but if someone decides to write, I wish he writes with the title "That girl on the scooty."



© Manjul Jagotra

Follow us on Twitter to never miss an update from us.

Comments

  1. This was a very well written article- thank you! Sadly, linguistic misogyny is everywhere. Something for all humans to work against.����

    ReplyDelete
  2. This article needs to be published nd let the freaking guys get work and indeed engage their mind in making goo deeds,!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tht is the purpose of this article. And thanx for giving your time to read it.

      Delete
  3. Its amazing. Thank you for writing this for us girls. You'll be the one of the best writers of India & world one day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It engrossed me from first line till the last line. Amazingly exceptional. Can't believe writer is a guy. As if I was reading to a girl only. Great work. Will share it with my frnds too...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant. Deep things put forward so effortlessly...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praiseworthy writing. My applause.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sometimes u r noticing ur surroundings but doesn't find guts to react...I appreciate ur writing as man in women perspective..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not just words...but a true picture is what you presented through these words.... A very thoughtful piece of writing..great job Manjul ������

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Lessons From Corona, with Love❤

The Invincible

SORRY ; A Suicide Note

The FAITHful Affair