Skip to main content

An open letter by A Hooker



To
The People of the world,

Sub: Some things I(a hooker) want you to listen & understand.

Dear you,

Yeah, you read that right. I am a hooker or a prostitute or a Vaishya or a Randi.
You have a lot of names for me and honestly I am not complaining. This is my profession, and I am not ashamed of what I do. No fucks given!
But there is this little thing I wanna tell you all and that is "FUCK YOU".
I am a human too. Stop treating me like some stray dog, and stop looking down at me.
You think just because you have a business or do a 9-5 job, that gives you the right to belittle us and make fun of hookers?
"Hooker" is not an abuse, it's our bread and butter.
Stop using "hooker" just to sound cool.
Why must you think we can't be raped? Do we not have a right to deny?
Can we not be forced by someone?
Even our "NO" has meaning.
Just because we sell our bodies does not mean we can't be raped. Yes I am raped and so is every other hooker who has been forced to have sex even after denying a customer.
Do you honestly think that paying me for the hour is gonna make it all okay? I'm just letting you know, that no, it doesn't. I am here to sell my body but I'm not just an object. There is no legally binding contract. I can withdraw consent at anytime, even in the middle of our"scene".
I sell my body. May it be due to my circumstances or by my own free will (because let's agree, it's easy money), it is still MY body.
You have no right to make fun of what I do.
Why do policeman refuse to file our complaints?
Why does he end up raping us too?
Why do we belong to the lowest, neglected section of society?
Why is my child treated differently? What's his fault?
Is he not allowed to breathe just because his mom is a hooker?
We work just as hard and sacrifice more than just our "personal life". Nobody says a word to the officers (or any other man for that matter) that come to us each night, cheating on their wives, to "release their tension".
I don't expect respect from you all, because who are we kidding, that's never gonna happen. All I expect is you stop making fun of us and looking down at us. It's not going to make you look cool, if anything you will lose a little of your own self-respect.

Taming the tamed isn't a job to be praised for.

Do something productive instead! Stop looking at us differently. The world already has enough problems to deal with, don't add this in. If you do your bit, this world would surely become a better place.

Yours (?)
A Hooker.

©Maitreyee Gaikwaad (Guest writer )

Follow us on Twitter to never miss an update.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Lessons From Corona, with Love❤

That girl on the Scooty

The Invincible

SORRY ; A Suicide Note

The FAITHful Affair