Skip to main content

The Dark Night

              

Pic credits : Indiatoday.in
Pic editing : Manjul Jagotra
_____________________________________________
This story is by the winner of a contest organised by instagram page Heart___speaks.

About the Winner :
Sumbul Hyder (20), hails from Bhopal (India). She is a Management student with keen interest in writing. She has co-authored the book "The Relatable Tales"(Link at the end). The book is an anthology of short tales. She loves watching movies & singing. She wants to travel the world with pen, diary & a camera.
_____________________________________________


                  "THE DARK NIGHT"

The night was darker than the usual, the air moved gently caressing my cheeks and then, i heard a
voice...

"Undress."

It's been 8 months now. Each wall of this house has seen me killing my dignity.
Each window has silenced my shrieks.
Each and every door has a story to be unlocked.
The wardrobe, it hides my agony. The fireplace has watched me, the miserable me, the broken me.
The bookshelf has no other story as like mine.
The chandeliers, they seem to be reluctant to place their  light on me.
The pillars know the height of insecurity I suffer with.
The flowers of divine aura, stinks with the sadness of my sorrow.

I still remember the morning i was brought to this odium mansion of debauchery.
Oh how crude someone could be to it's senses. but i was left with nothing, but this luscious body of mine which attracted his wantonness.

I stopped living the day my screams were shut bolted and my flesh was embraced by him.
This man, who unleashed his apetite of fornication on me, each day, each night. Again and again,
beating the spirit out of my corpse.

Him and his manhood were my lord, as he exxagerated.
The rope of survival hangs onto my head. 

Play or get played. 

They say that with time, you get accustomed with pain bearing.
But do they know that the wounds heal but not the scars?
Ofcourse a time comes when you can't feel the wound that stings but the heart that constantly cries.

My hands know no sweet kisses. My eyes know no rainbow. My lips know no soft fingers and my breasts know no motherhood.

Brushing all those thoughts,
I nodded and let the robe slip off my shoulders.
 
"lay bare, on the carpet."

 I did as I was instructed.

I can see those chandeliers, the ones who witnessed the murder of my soul. The candles are crying their
grithrough.

"I like your legs." Spitting out these words he placed his fingers on my knees. "And also the way they
bend to swallow my love into you...."

He stopped mid-sentence. 

My gaze shifted and met his hungry eyes.

"Oh my..."
With these words, I was divested with hard thumps and sore cramps.
And i was discarded yet again.
The birds are now peeping through.

Look at them, mere creatures. Pitying on me.

His hand caging mine. I watch him sleep with satisfaction and sheer peace.

I lie. I lie everyday.

This is my story, and I am surviving it.

I can't escape.

Marriage is such a pure thing.
There's nothing such like 'Marital Rape'.
He ain't raping me.
Is he?

©Sumbul Hyder _______________________________________________

Follow us on Twitter to never miss an update.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lessons From Corona, with Love❤

That girl on the Scooty

The Invincible

SORRY ; A Suicide Note

The FAITHful Affair